Provided by Oregon Coast Quests
NEXT QUEST BOOK
The Oregon Coast Quests Book, 2013-2014 Edition is almost ready, and it will be made available for sale in March for only $10. The printing of the Quest Book is made possible by a grant from the Siletz Tribal Charitable Contribution Fund and by Oregon Sea Grant. Proceeds from book sales support the Oregon Coast Quests program.
If you are a retailer interested in offering the new Quest Book for sale to the public, please contact Cait for information on wholesale discounts and to reserve your copies. All Quest Book sellers will be listed on the Quests website so the public can easily find your business.
SIX NEW QUESTS
The new Quest Book will contain directions for six new Quests that have been created in the past two years:
· Downtown Oceanlake Quest – This walking tour explores the early settlement history of the Oceanlake district in Lincoln City. It was created by TAG students from Oceanlake and Taft Elementary schools, and their video on the subject is on display at the North Lincoln County Historical Museum.
· Taft Stormwater Quest – Taft Elementary students discovered where the rainwater that falls on their school eventually ends up, and they created this Quest to share their findings with you. Follow the water!
· Explore Beverly Beach Quest – Follow the clues through this beautiful state park to see wildlife, creeks and big trees. Oregon State Park rangers created and maintain this Quest.
· HMSC Nature Trail Quest – Access the beautiful HMSC Nature Trail to discover a variety of estuarine plants and animals. This Quest replaces an older Quest on the estuary that was retired in 2011.
· Cooper Ridge Tsunami Quest – Find out where the highest ground near the South Beach State Park campgrounds is located, and learn more about tsunami preparedness as you hike. Oregon State Park rangers created and maintain this Quest.
· Heritage Orchard Quest – Students at Eddyville Charter School helped create this Quest in the apple orchard across the street from their school.
For a complete list and locations of all 26 Quests in the new book, visit: http://hmsc.oregonstate.edu/visitor/oregon-coast-quests/where-are-quests