The Newport Public Library will offer the following free classes during the months of November and December.
· On Friday, November 8 at 9:00 a.m., Introduction to Computers will be taught. This class covers the basic concepts of using a PC, such as learning to use a mouse, opening programs, and scrolling. At 10:00 a.m., Beginning Internet will be offered. This class teaches how to use a web browser and search the internet.
· November 15, at 9:00 a.m., a new class on Pinterest will be taught. Pinterest is an online “scrapbook” program that can be used to save and organize images found on the internet or uploaded from your computer. At 10:00 a.m., Google Docs will be offered. This class teaches how to set up a Google account, then create and save documents online.
· On Friday, November 22, Introduction to Facebook will be taught. The class covers how to create an account, add friends, like pages, and protect your privacy. Beginning Publisher will be taught at 10:00 a.m., teaching students how to create colorful cards and flyers.
· On December 6, a beginner’s class on Setting up Email will be taught. This class will explain how to create a free email account, add contacts, and send and reply to email. Beginning Internet will be taught at 10:00 a.m.
· Beginning Excel will be taught on December 13 at 9:00 a.m. This class teaches the basics of creating a spreadsheet and adding rows and columns. Intermediate Excel will be offered at 10:00 a.m. This class teaches how to balance a checkbook, use multiple worksheets, and create charts.
No classes will be held during the holidays. All classes are free and last one hour. Registration is required. For more information, please call (541) 265-2153 or check the library website, www.newportlibrary.org.