Volunteer & Connect!!!
Newport’s 7th Annual Project Homeless Connect
Project Homeless Connect (PHC) is taking place Friday October 4th from 10am-3pm at the Church of the Nazarene in Newport. PHC represents a new way of connecting our community. The day is focused around immediacy, hospitality, and results for homeless neighbors.
* Last year, PHC was able to: Connect over 150 volunteers to their community
* Provide stewardship and resources to over 220 homeless individuals
* Offer a clearinghouse with over 50 social service agencies
* Provide immunizations and even a medical and dental van
* Serve a hot delicious community meal
The goal is to reduce the barriers of obtaining services, as well as to connect with our neighbors. Volunteers are needed in a variety of capacities, including escorting guests through the event to ensure they connect with the services and resources available. Other opportunities to volunteer include event set-up, registration, exit interviews and meal service.
Get to know your community better and create a lasting impact at Newport’s 7th annual Project Homeless Connect on October 4th. WANT TO GET CONNECTED? Fill out a volunteer application at Church of the Nazarene: 1625 N. Coast Hwy – or – on the web: www.Homelessinlincolncounty.org or just click here.
Bill Hall, County Commissioner at 541-265-4100
Holly Terlson, Retired & Senior Volunteer Program at 541-574-2684