Submitted by Newport Public Library
The Newport Public Library will offer the following free classes during the month of September.
· On Friday, September 6 at 9:00 a.m., Introduction to Evernote will be taught. This class shows how to get organized by keeping track of lists, notes, websites, and more. At 10:00 a.m. Introduction to Twitter is offered. This class will introduce students to setting up an account, following users, and posting “tweets.”
· Beginning Word (2007) will be taught on September 13 at 9:00 a.m. This class introduces people to the basic commands to create a word processing document. Intermediate Word will be taught at 10:00 a.m. This class builds on the previous one, and teaches how to insert photographs, create lists using bullets and numbers, and set margins, tabs, and line spacing.
· Beginning Excel will be taught on September 20 at 9:00 a.m. This class teaches the basics of creating a spreadsheet and adding rows and columns. Intermediate Excel will be offered at 10:00 a.m. This class teaches how to balance a checkbook, use multiple worksheets, and create charts.
· Introduction to Library2Go will be taught at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, September 27. This class shows how to log in, search, and borrow ebooks and audiobooks from Library2Go. Students may bring their own devices if they have specific questions. Beginning Publisher will be taught at 10:00 a.m., teaching students how to create colorful cards and flyers.
· All classes are free and last one hour. Registration is required. For more information, please call (541) 265-2153 or at www.NewportLibrary.org on the internet.