WEATHER IN LINCOLN COUNTY


lazerrose title=

audiology title=

barrelhead

prp

oceancreek

Coast Tree

Sema Roofing

wandr

occc

audiology title=

barrelhead
prp

oceancreek

Coast Tree

Sema Roofing

wandr

occc


barrelhead


Coast Tree

flocs

North Lincoln Fire Rescue showing diversity of their talents and professionalism

north lincoln fire rescue banner

An update from NLFR Captain Jim Kusz:

North Lincoln Fire & Rescue crews were dispatched on Friday August 16th a HAZMAT call at the Community Center Swimming pool 1:37PM for a chlorine leak. The building was evacuated until firefighters in full Hazmat gear and breathing apparatus closed the valve to the tank and checked the building to be sure the area was cleared of any vapors.

Saturday, August 17th, Water Rescue crews and US Coast Guard were dispatched at 1:03PM to a man clinging to his kayak that overturned west of Siletz Bay (SW 51st) in the mouth of the bay and outside of the breakers. Two PWC’s “Jet Skis” deployed and retrieve the man who was taken to North Lincoln Samaritan Hospital by Pacific West Ambulance for possible hypothermia.

Also on Saturday around 2:15PM North Lincoln Fire & Rescue sent an Engine, a Water Tender and crews to a mutual aid call for a wild land fire in Polk County at a vineyard at 17750 Highway 22 near Red Prairie and Butler Hill Road. Crews from West Valley, McMinnville, Keizer, Salem and Dallas also assisted on a rapid fire that consumed an estimated 200 acres.

feedcorral.8-15-13

Today at 9:38AM North Lincoln Fire & Rescue was dispatched to a structure fire at 4343 SE Highway 101. First arriving officer noticed light smoke and a smoke alarm sounding from second floor apartment #4 of the multi-unit complex. First engine company crew needed to forcibly enter the apartment of the fire by breaking a window. The fire was localized to the kitchen stove top but flames had already damaged the stove and cabinets, and smoke damaged much of the apartment. This fire could very easily spread and was put out just in time thanks the neighbor below who heard the smoke alarm, noticed light smoke coming from under the door and call 9-1-1 immediately. The fire was ignited as a burner on the oven that was left in the on position was reheated when power to the apartment was restored. The paper towels were ignited and the fire took off. In all two engines and two staff vehicles responded to the scene with eight firefighters, the first unit arrived with four minutes of dispatch. Damage was limited pretty much to the kitchen.

gagne.advantage.8-13-13

barrelhead


Coast Tree

flocs

Coast Tree

flocs

Coast Tree

flocs

nlcad

Follow-us-tile