Remains of Ethan Anderson, 8, confirmed found in Boulevard, CA fire. Amber alert still active for suspect Jim DiMaggio and Hannah Anderson thought to be hiding out in an Idaho wilderness area.
At the request of San Diego County, California Sheriff’s Office, an AMBER Alert has been activated in Oregon for a 16 year old girl and her assumed 40 year old abductor who is a suspect in a homicide.
UPDATE #2: VEHICLE SOUGHT RELATED TO SAN DIEGO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA AMBER ALERT FOUND IN IDAHO; OREGON AMBER ALERT REMAINS IN EFFECT
News Release from Oregon State Police
Posted on FlashAlert: August 9th
San Diego County, California Sheriff’s Department announced Friday morning that the dark blue 2013 Nissan Versa sought related to a multi-state AMBER Alert for a suspect and one missing child was found abandoned in a remote area of Valley County, Idaho. The suspect and a 16 year old girl are still unaccounted for. Oregon’s AMBER Alert will remain in effect at this time.
Information released August 9, 2013 by a public information team being assembled in Idaho for this incident confirmed:
* The vehicle was found in a very remote, mountainous area of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in Valley County, Idaho.
* A multi-agency team of local, state and federal law enforcement agencies are enroute to the area to investigate.
* This is a very remote section of land that is not easily accessible. Because of that, gathering credible information from the scene will take some time – likely several hours.
* Teams are stationed at multiple access points around the wilderness area to monitor any people coming in or out.
* At this time, the location of Hannah Anderson, age 16 and, suspect James DiMaggio, age 40, is not known.
* A man on horseback saw two people who he now believes may have matched the description of James DiMaggio and Hannah Anderson. The pair were hiking with what looked to be camping gear on Wednesday morning. No other similar sightings since that time reported.
* The horseback rider contacted Idaho State Police Wednesday night which prompted law enforcement to immediately being searching for the car.
* Idaho State Police, searching trailheads in the area, found the Nissan Versa this morning about 9:00 a.m. near a remote trailhead in the River of No Return Wilderness Area.
* Agencies responding to conduct the investigation and area search include Valley County Sheriff’s Office, Bureau of Homeland Security, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Idaho Air National Guard, Idaho State Police, and Ada County Sheriff’s Office.
A media staging area is being established at Cascade Rural Fire Department, 109 E. Pine Street, in Cascade, Idaho. Media inquiries related to this incident will be provided at that location. Media and public may want to monitor Ada County Sheriff’s Office twitter @AdaCoSheriff for information.