Click on photos to enlarge
The Toledo Chamber of Commerce would like to extend a very large thank you to the community and all participants, partners, volunteers, and attendees of the Toledo Summer Festival parade. We also wish to recognize the City of Toledo, Toledo Police Department, The Toledo and other local Fire Departments, and the local businesses that allow us the space to stage for the parade. We had a beautiful summer day and a parade that was uniquely Toledo with its participants and theme.
Our Grand Marshal for the 2013 Summer Festival Parade was Rick Graff and he participated in the parade by riding in a 1932 REO Speedwagon ice truck driven by Norm Halsey.
This year’s parade participants included many beautiful and unique entries, but a few were chosen by the judges to be the best in their categories:
* The Grand Marshal award went to Boy Scout Troop 30 for their float and commitment to the city of Toledo.
* Best commercial vehicle was awarded to Leeway Logging for a functional and beautiful log truck.
* Best Float went to McKinley Plumbing for their hard work in float building and theme interpretation.
* Best Equestrian entry was awarded to Mild Bill Rendall.
* Best Individual Vehicle was awarded to the Toledo Boomer Boosters for the Dodge truck pulling their well thought out float.
* The Best Variety Entry was Toledo’s J.C. Market walkers for their use of theme and costumes.
Thank you to everyone that participated or attended this year’s Summer Festival Parade and we look forward to seeing everyone again next year!
Tammy Boysun, Chamber Assistant