Here’s a summary of some of the recent activity:
* All remaining classrooms at Oceanlake Elementary School in Lincoln City have been remodeled and are ready for the teachers’ return in late August.
* 7 classrooms at Sam Case Primary School in Newport were gutted and are in the process of being rebuilt… it is rather interesting to stand in a classroom at one end and look down the entire length of the building with all drywall and fixtures removed.
* The new play shed at Newport Intermediate School is ready, so children can have the opportunity to run and play outside, protected from the wind and rain.
* A couple of classrooms at Newport Prep Academy have been gutted and will be remodeled into a new science lab classroom and tech lab.
* Toledo Junior/Senior High has received a fresh coat of exterior paint.
Crestview Heights is still abuzz with activity as one wing is being extensively remodeled.
* The new Waldport High School is on schedule to be completed and turned over to the school district on Aug. 26… meanwhile, temporary occupancy has been granted through Sept. 4 so the principal, office staff and teachers can return to work in August.
For those who just have to peruse more information on all this you can go to the school district website by clicking here.
For new school year registration schedules, click here.
For a list of all required school supplies for all students, click here.