COMPUTER CLASSES AT NEWPORT PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Newport Public Library will offer the following classes during the months of November and December.
· On Friday, November 2 at 9:00 a.m., Introduction to Computers will be taught. This class will teach the basics of turning on a computer, using the mouse, and saving files. At 10:00 a.m., Beginning Internet will be taught. This class teaches how to use a web browser, click on links, and search for information on the Internet.
· Introduction to Facebook will be taught on Friday, November 9 at 9:00 a.m. This class will cover the basics of creating an account, finding friends and pages, and adding photographs. Introduction to Google Docs will be offered at 10:00 a.m. This class will introduce students to creating documents online.
· Beginning Word (2007) will be taught at 9:00 a.m. on November 16. This class introduces people to the basic commands to create a word processing document. Intermediate Word will be taught at 10:00 a.m. This class teaches how to insert photographs, create lists using bullets and numbers, and set margins, tabs, and line spacing.
· On November 30 at 9:00 a.m. a class on Making Greeting Cards with Publisher will be offered. The 10:00 a.m. class is AtoZ Databases, a directory that is used to find businesses, jobs, and people.
· On December 7, Beginning Excel will be taught at 9:00 a.m. This class teaches the basics of creating a spreadsheet and adding rows and columns. At 10:00 a.m. Intermediate Excel will teach creating a checkbook, using multiple worksheets, and making a chart.
· Beginning Internet will be offered again on December 14 at 9:00 a.m. At 10:00 a.m. the class will be Travel Planning on the Web. Classes are free and last one hour. Registration is required. For more information, please call (541)265-2153 or check the library website, www.newportlibrary.org.