A small mobile home caught fire Saturday afternoon off North 58th Steet. The mother and her young son got out in time. No injuries.
The woman told fire fighters that she smelled smoke then saw flames which triggered support from her next door neighbors who got at least one fire extinguisher and a garden hose on the fire. When fire fighters pulled up they ran a small line quickly into the trailer and finished off the blaze. It was traced to an electrical short in a back area closet.
Since the trailer is no longer with power, the fire department declared it uninhabitable. The Red Cross is arranging emergency shelter for the mother, son and also the father who was not on scene at the time.