[stream base=x:/www.newslincolncounty.com/videos/2012/4 flv=eadsfire.360p.flv img=eadsfire-ff.jpg hd=eadsfire.720p.flv mp4=eadsfire.iPhone.m4v embed=false share=false width=560 height=315 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false /]
A stove top cooking oil fire that somebody tried to put out with water erupted in a ball of flame in the kitchen of a duplex at 650 Eads late Sunday afternoon. Everybody got out okay and Newport firefighters were quick to extinguish the blaze but not before it did considerable damage to the kitchen. The duplex is now unhealthy to live in so the family will have to find temporary quarters elsewhere. If they can’t find anything or don’t have the money right away, the Red Cross typically provides fire victim families with a short motel stay until they get a place.