Olalla Reservoir Fishing Derby & Earth Day Event, FREE, FREE, FREE!
Brought to you by Georgia-Pacific, AWPPW Local 13 and ODFW
Olalla Fishing Derby/Earth Day Event 2012 details: This is a FREE event for ALL AGES- April 21st 8:30am to 3:00pm
This year, due to grant money donated by “Restoration & Enhancement” through ODFW, the parking for the fishing derby will exclusively be off-site at the Toledo high School. We intend to have 2 shuttles running every 10 minutes (give or take) from the Toledo High School to the reservoir for the entire duration of the event. The only vehicles allowed at Olalla will be volunteers and boat fishermen. “The back boat launch “Original Boat Launch” and the area around it will be open exclusively to boaters as they will be able to park in this area as well.
GP has purchased a second net system so the kids fishing area will be about 400′ by 100′ this year (Double the size it was last year). The entire Beach area will be KIDS FISHING ONLY. This is important to remember- KIDS ONLY ON THE BEACH
The adults will get the rest of the reservoir to fish on.
This year the Toledo Boosters will be selling breakfast and lunch at the derby. 8:00am when the gates open the boosters will be prepared to serve items such as:
Biscuits and gravy- Eggs- Muffins- Coffee Hot Cocoa etc
For lunch there will BBQ items such as:
Hotdogs and Hamburgers.
There will also be normal concession stand items.
This year we once again have some great prizes to give out. We have however changed the format somewhat so read carefully to understand how it will work.
The kids fishing area is still for youth 13 and under.
Last year we gave out prizes by drawing simply for participating. This year we will be using the netted fishing area as the entire youth fishing zone for all prizes for participants 13 and under. Each signed in youth participant will have a chance at prizes. You need not be present at the time of the award announcement to win.
There will be GP goodies handed out to the first 200 youth fishing participants.
Grand Prize- Heaviest trout caught in the youth fishing area.
· Kayak and complete fishing set up donated by Umpqua Bank
1st prize- Heaviest legal stringer of fish caught in the youth fishing area.
· Rubber Raft and complete fishing set up donated by AWPPW Local 13
2nd prize- Second heaviest legal stringer of fish caught in the youth fishing area.
· Fishing Rod/Reel/vest and tackle Box Donated By Georgia-Pacific
3rd prize- Third heaviest legal stringer of fish caught in the youth fishing area.
· Fishing Rod/Reel and tackle Box Donated By Georgia-Pacific
The Adult fishing derby is for anyone requiring a license to fish as the law requires. The adult area is anywhere on the Olalla reservoir other than the front beach area.
Grand Prize- Heaviest trout (this will include one of the planted steel head) of the day.
· Traeger BBQ Grill Donated By Thompsons Sanitary Service
· 2 person Guided River Salmon Fishing Trip Donated by Currey Guide Service
· Nice Salmon Rod/Reel/Vest/Tackle Box Donated By England Marine
· Nice Salmon Rod/Reel/Vest/Tackle Box Donated By Georgia Pacific
· Nice Rod/Reel/Tackle Box Donated By Georgia Pacific
There will also be many drawing prizes at the different activity booths throughout the day for both adults and youth. Prizes like:
· Fishing Rods and reels Donated by Georgia Pacific
· Deep Sea Fishing trip donated by Newport Tradewinds
· Oregon’s #1 Sea Life Cruise donated by Marine Discovery tours
· Georgia Pacific product Basket
· Many More…….