Smoke from an overheated electrical circuit at the Newport Airport set off a smoke alarm and a full response by Newport firefighters. On arrival, firefighters traced the source of the smoke to the south wall of the kitchen area on the ground floor, southwest corner of the main airport terminal. They shut down the power and began checking the circuit which had heated up the wall. Firefighters dug into the wall to see if there was any fire extension and they said they found none. An investigation was launched as to what caused the circuit to overheat.