COMPUTER CLASSES AT NEWPORT PUBLIC LIBRARY
Story provided by Newport Public Library
The Newport Public Library will offer the following computer classes during the month of March.
· On Friday, March 2 at 9:00 a.m., Introduction to Computers will teach the basics of turning on a computer, using the mouse, and saving files. Beginning Internet at 10:00 a.m. teaches how to use a web browser, click on links, and search the internet.
· On March 9, Genealogy using HeritageQuest will be taught at 9:00 a.m. This class teaches how to use the HeritageQuest to find census and other historical records. Beginning PowerPoint will be taught at 10:00 a.m. PowerPoint is used to create slideshows for presentations.
· Beginning Excel will be taught on March 16 at 9:00 a.m. This class teaches the basics of creating a spreadsheet and adding rows and columns. Intermediate Excel will be offered at 10:00 a.m. This class teaches how to balance a checkbook, use multiple worksheets, and create charts.
· Beginning Word (2007) will be taught on March 23 at 9:00 a.m. This class introduces people to the basic commands to create a word processing document. Intermediate Word will be taught at 10:00 a.m. This class builds on the previous one, and teaches how to insert photographs, create lists using bullets and numbers, and set margins, tabs, and line spacing.
· On March 30 at 9:00 a.m., a class will be offered to use LearningExpress Library, a website with education and career practice tests. A class on making greeting cards with Publisher will be taught at 10:00 a.m..
All classes are free and last one hour. Registration is required. For more information, please call (541)265-2153 or check the library website, www.newportlibrary.org.