Inviting all fire stations in Lincoln County
to compete in a no holds
A 5 Alarm Firehouse Cook-Off
As Firefighters Battle for Culinary Glory!
Sponsored by Newport Food Pantry
1. Each fire station would send a cook-off team of four to the event. They can be anyone connected with the station (even retired) – volunteers and staff alike and their spouses (just no professional chefs or cooks). Any number from your station can prepare the dishes, but only four “team” members in your booth. Each team will have a Chief Chef to represent the team.
2. Cook-Off will feature from each team (a) a cole slaw recipe (b) main dish & (c) dessert to be both judged by a select panel and sampled by the paying public (2 ounce samples). Scoring will be done for each division with a winner and runner-ups in each division (gold, silver & bronze medals). The Grand Firehouse Champion cook-off winner is the team with the best overall score in all three divisions added together. Thus a team could finish low in main dish but score near the top in slaw & dessert and win.
3. All food ingredients will be provided so there will be no out of pocket expense. There will no no cost to you.
4. Public would pay a fee to get in and sample the creations. Samples are 2 ounces and approximately 300 samples will be needed to serve from each category.
5. You may sell items, recruit volunteers or do anything at your booth for your fire station. Good way to promote yourself and connect with the public.
Newport Food Pantry, as the producer, receives the monetary proceeds but all the county food pantries can have a barrel/table to collect food for their individual pantry (Lincoln City, Toledo/Siletz, Depoe Bay, Waldport and Yachats). Admission will be $17 per adult or $15 with two good cans of food and there will be a kids price.
This Olympics of Cook-Offs is for the fire station bragging rights for Lincoln county! The Grand Champion may be invited to enter a team in the $5,000 Yaquina Bay BBQ Championship this August in Newport. The target date for the 5 Alarm Firehouse Cook-Off is Saturday, June 16 at Newport Intermediate School.
To reserve your team’s spot or for more information contact: