Provided by Lincoln County and Siletz Tribal Energy Program
FREE solar workship Thursday, December 15th, 6:30pm, at Oregon Coast Community College, Newport (South Beach). FREE and open to the public.
This FREE workshop covers the basics of why solar is a smart choice for Oregon. We have broken this workshop into 2 parts.
The first part will cover:
* How well solar works in Oregon’s climate
* Available solar technologies and how they fit into your overall energy use
* How to choose a contractor
* Site considerations
In the second half of the workshop we will cover the financial considerations of going solar including:
* Financial incentives, tax credits
* Feed in Tariff Pilot program
* Leasing and power purchase options
* Financing options
* Residential tax credits and incentives often pay for up to 80% of the cost!
Participants will come away with basic knowledge about solar energy systems and will be prepared to do more focused research on their own and start working with a contractor.