ABC House-Child Abuse Center in Lebanon is hoping that runners and walkers from as far away as the coast will chase a runaway pumpkin through the beautiful fall colors of Cheadle Lake Park, just outside of Lebanon, October 29th. It’s a half-marathon walk-run to raise funds for the center that is very active in fighting child abuse in Oregon.
The race begins 8:30am, October 29th and winds along the river toward Waterloo, then back around. A 4.5 hour maximum time (about three miles an hour). All participants will receive a T-shirt, goodie bag full of fun stuff including coupons and a medal for participating. Registration is all in advance which can be easily made on line at their special race website: www.RunAwayPumpkinhalf.org, or just click here.
· ABC House provides a safe, respectful, healing environment for children who have been abused. One location providing coordinated services for children and their non-offending family members.
· ABC House has served Linn and Benton Counties since 1997.
· Clients are referred by DHS, Law Enforcement Agencies or physicians.
· ABC House works closely with DHS, County mental Health, District Attorneys, Juvenile Department, and Law Enforcement.
· ABC House staff are experts in child abuse. Services provided include medical examinations, forensic interviews, family advocacy, counseling and community education.
· ABC House provides services at the center for approximately 350 children per year and an additional 175 medical consultations on physical injuries.
· In 2010, 61% of children seen were girls and 39% boys. More than 50% were under the age of 6.
· ABC House is located in Albany, OR but children are brought to the center from all over Linn and Benton Counties including rural communities.
· To report suspected child abuse call (541) 757-5019 in the central Willamette Valley area.