Some smoother driving is in Lincoln City’s future. The city council awarded a bid to Newport’s Road and Driveway Company to lay down new asphalt on a number of aging streets, including:
* NE Devils Lake Boulevard from Highway 101, north to NE 50th.
* SE 32nd from Highway 101 east to SE Fleet.
* NE Mast from NE Mast Place north to NE 22nd.
* SW Harbor from SW 12th north to SW 9th.
* SW Harbor from SW Bard north to SW 14th.
* NW Inlet from NW 1st Court north to NW 12th.
* SE Inlet from SE 9th north to SE 3rd.
Additional work for the contract, ($370,000) includes asphalt pavement removal to preserve existing curband gutter grades, crack sealing, adjustments of public and private utilities, subgrade stabilization, reconstruction and feathering of existing driveway aprons and permanent striping. The project will begin in mid-September and should be all done by the middle of October.
Since the city budgeted $570,000 for the overlay job, the city council authorized City Manager Dave Hawker and Public Works Director Lila Bradley to spend 10% more based on Road and Driveway’s winning bid to improve other stretches of weathered pavement around town.