A young Lincoln City mother and her toddler were surprised by a neighbor’s knock on her door yelling at her to get out of the house – that smoke was coming out of her attic vents. The woman grabbed her daughter and purse and headed for the street. Shortly thereafter, North Lincoln Fire/Rescue units pulled up in front of the house at SW Harbor and SW 65th. They quickly got into the attic and found smoldering electrical wiring. They took care of the wiring and checked for any possible fire extension elsewhere in the attic. They found none. Firefighters say there are many old homes along the Oregon Coast whose wiring has gotten moldy over the years and therefore has become a fire hazard. They say if your home is an older “senior dwelling” it wouldn’t hurt to check your wiring, especially any strung through the attic, just to be sure.