Friends of Otter Rock Marine Reserve is a non-profit organization on the central Oregon coast composed of local conservation-minded citizens. Our mission is the protection and preservation of rocky shore intertidal life, nesting and migrating sea birds, and marine mammals.
We are seeking a part-time Tide Pool Ambassador Program Coordinator at Otter Rock Marine Reserve from mid-June through early September.
This is a paid, part-time contractor position. Schedule will align to minus tides.
As our Tide Pool Ambassador Program Coordinator, you will:
- Engage with visitors to share your passion for the coast, tide pooling, and marine conservation
- Supervise up to 3 high school interns and act as lead tidepool guide
- Earn $18-20/hour, depending on experience, with a bonus of $200 on completion of a total of75 hours over the summer
- Receive a scholarship to attend the Northwest Aquatic and Marine Educators conference,August 7 – 9 in Netarts, OregonQualifications:
- Knowledgeable about Oregon Coast organisms and marine reserves
- Passionate about marine conservation and stewardship
- Comfortable speaking with the public
- Experience in taking a leadership role
- Have transportation
- A background check will be required by Oregon State Parks and Recreation DepartmentWe invite applicants to email a letter of interest, with 2 references to: Fawn Custer, firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm on June 14, 2022. Questions? Email Fawn or call 541-270-0027.