Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, Emergency Management Division, is excited to announce our Spring in-person community presentations. The in-person community presentations are free to the public and do not require registration.
Lincoln County and our partnering Cities, Tribe and Public Safety agencies will be participating in the national level exercise, Cascadia Rising 2022, this June. As part of the exercise lead-up activities, we are supporting a Cascadia 4 Week Ready campaign – these in person presentations are the kick-off to our campaign. In conjunction with these presentations, we are also hosting our annual wildfire readiness presentations to refresh everyone on preparedness and response steps prior to our summer season.
Presentation Announcement Information:
- Presentation slides, recordings and the announcements can all be found on our County Emergency Management “What’s Happening Now” webpage.
- The announcement with the dates, times, locations can be found at this link – Spring 2022 Lincoln County Readiness Presentations.
- Wildfire presentations are available for viewing now. The in-person presentations will be a combination of module 3 &4, property protection by understanding wildfire risk and emergency notifications and evacuations.
- Cascadia Earthquake/Tsunami recorded presentations will be available early May.
Wildfire Readiness Presentations:
- In 2021 we recorded 8 modules related to wildfire readiness. These are still available for your viewing on our county website. Our 2022 in-person presentations will be a combination of modules 3 and 8. Each of the below modules is just about 1 hour each.
- 1 – Financial and Business Preparedness
- 2 – Animal Preparedness
- 3 – Property Protection by Understanding Wildfire Risk
- 4 – Emergency Notifications and Evacuations
- 5 – Sheltering with the American Red Cross and Medically Fragile Persons
- 6 – Air Quality Considerations and Access and Functional Needs Persons Preparedness
- 7 – Local Fire District Restrictions-Precautions
- 8 – Wildfire Cautionary Re-Entry
Cascadia Earthquake Subduction Zone and Tsunami Readiness Presentation:
- Prior to the 2020 COVID response, we regularly provided in-person Cascadia presentations and we are excited to see you again at our in-person presentations this Spring.
- Our current presentation can be found on our earthquake and tsunami preparedness webpages; however, we plan to update and refresh this presentation and will post along with a new recorded version in early May.
|Toledo||Wildfire||Thursday, April 14, 2022||6 – 8pm||Toledo Fire Department
285 NE Burgess Road
|Newport||Wildfire||Saturday, April 16, 2022||10am-12pm||Hatfield Marine Science Ctr.
Gladys Valley Auditorium
2030 SE Marine Science Drive
|Newport||Cascadia||Saturday, April 16, 2022||1 – 3pm|
|Waldport||Wildfire||Tuesday, April 19, 2022||6 – 8pm||Waldport Community Center
265 NW Hemlock Street
|Yachats||Cascadia||Thursday, May 12, 2022||6 – 8pm||Yachats Commons
441 Hwy 101 N
|Siletz||Cascadia||Tuesday, May 17, 2022||6-8pm||Siletz Valley Charter School
245 NW James Franks Ave
|Lincoln City||Cascadia||Saturday, May 21, 2022||10am-12pm||North Lincoln Fire
St. Clair Station
4520 SE Hwy 101
|Lincoln City||Wildfire||Saturday, May 21, 2022||1 – 3pm|
Virginia “Jenny” Demaris
County Emergency Manager
Lincoln County Call Center: 541-265-0621
Lincoln Alerts: www.co.lincoln.or.us/alerts
Media Releases – https://www.flashalert.net/id/LCSO
Language Translation Options: