WILDFIRE, CASCADIA EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI READINESS COMMUNITY PRESENTATIONS ANNOUNCED
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, Emergency Management Division, is excited to announce our Spring in- person community presentations. The in-person community presentations are free to the public and does not require registration.
Lincoln County and our partnering Cities, Tribe and Public Safety agencies will be participating in the national level exercise, Cascadia Rising 2022, this June. As part of the exercise lead-up activities, we are supporting a Cascadia 4 Week Ready campaign – these in person presentations are the kick-off to our campaign. In conjunction with these presentations, we are also hosting our annual wildfire readiness presentations to refresh everyone on preparedness and response steps prior to our summer season.
Presentation Announcement Information:
- Presentation slides, recordings and the announcements can all be found on our County Emergency Management “What’s Happening Now” webpage.
- The announcement with the dates, times, locations can be found at this link – Spring 2022 Lincoln County Readiness Presentations.
- Wildfire presentations are available for viewing now. The in-person presentations will be a combination of module 3 &4, property protection by understanding wildfire risk and emergency notifications and evacuations.
- Cascadia Earthquake/Tsunami recorded presentations will be available early May.
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office: Wildfire, Cascadia Earthquake/Tsunami Readiness – Presentations Announced Toledo, Newport, Waldport, Yachats, Siletz, Lincoln City, Wildfire, Cascadia Wildfire
Thursday, April 14th, Saturday, April 16, Saturday, April 16, Tuesday, April 19, Thursday, May 12, Tuesday, May 17, Saturday, May 21, Saturday, May 21
- Toledo Fire Department 6-8pm 285 NE Burgess Road, 10am- 12pm, 1-3pm
- Hatfield Marine Science Ctr. Gladys Valley Auditorium 2030 SE Marine Science Drive
* Waldport Community Center 6-8pm 265 NW Hemlock Street
* Yachats Commons 6-8pm 441 Hwy 101 N
* Siletz Valley Charter School 6-8pm 245 NW James Franks Ave., 10am- 12pm, 1-3pm
* North Lincoln Fire St. Clair Station 4520 SE Hwy 101
Wildfire Readiness Presentations:
• In 2021 we recorded 8 modules related to wildfire readiness. These are still available for your viewing on our county website. Our 2022 in-person presentations will be a
combination of modules 3 and 8. Each of the below modules is just about 1
o 1 – Financial and Business Preparedness
o 2 – Animal Preparedness
o 3 – Property Protection by Understanding Wildfire Risk
o 4 – Emergency Notifications and Evacuations
o 5 – Sheltering with the American Red Cross and Medically Fragile Persons
o 6 – Air Quality Considerations and Access and Functional Needs Persons Preparedness o 7 – Local Fire District Restrictions-Precautions
o 8 – Wildfire Cautionary Re-Entry
Cascadia Earthquake Subduction Zone and Tsunami Readiness Presentation:
- Prior to the 2020 COVID response, we regularly provided in-person Cascadia presentations and we are excited to see you again at our in-person presentations this Spring.
- Our current presentation can be found on our earthquake and tsunami preparedness webpages; however, we plan to update and refresh this presentation and will post along with a new recorded version in early May.Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office
Media Release – Wildfire, Cascadia Earthquake/Tsunami Readiness Presentations Announced
Virginia “Jenny” Demaris
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office
Emergency Management Division
Office Phone: 541-265-4199
Lincoln County Call Center: 541-265-0621
Lincoln Alerts – Emergency Notifications: www.co.lincoln.or.us/alerts
Media Releases – https://www.flashalert.net/id/LCSO Language Translation Options:
- Lincoln Alerts Messages – Member Portal – go to the top right-hand corner for translation options.
- Sheriff’s Office Media Releases via Flash Alert – website translation at the very upper right-handcorner.
- Lincoln County Website – website translation at the very bottom right-hand corner