OHA announces funding opportunity for community-based organizations
PORTLAND — Oregon Health Authority’s Public Health Division (OHA) has released a request for grant applications from community-based organizations that will create partnerships with communities of color, Tribal communities, disability communities, immigrant and refugee communities, undocumented communities, migrant and seasonal farmworkers, LGBTQ2SIA+ communities, faith communities, older adults, houseless communities and others. The funding will support community-based organizations as an important part of Oregon’s public health system working toward equity. OHA’s strategic goal is to eliminate health inequities by 2030.
OHA has available more than $31 million in funding provided by eight Public Health Division programs, including:
- Adolescent and School Health, $2 million.
- Commercial Tobacco Prevention, $20 million.
- Public Health Modernization (Environmental Public Health and Climate Change, Climate Change Health Impacts, Communicable Disease Prevention and Emergency Preparedness), $8.6 million.
- HIV, STD, TB Prevention and Treatment, $225,000.
- Overdose Prevention, $140,000.
- ScreenWise (breast and cervical cancer detection and services), Patient Navigation and Barrier Reduction, $100,000.
Visit the request-for-grant-applications website, https://ohapublichealthfunding.org/en/, to view program activities eligible for funding. Community-based organizations can apply online using this website. Paper applications are also available and can be downloaded from the website.
Grant applications can be submitted now through Jan. 31, 2022. OHA welcomes applications from organizations of all sizes and perspectives, especially those that are new and have not received funding from OHA before.
Informational webinar sessions and budget webinars in English and Spanish languages will be available. Session dates are as follows:
English language information sessions:
- Wednesday, Dec. 8, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yeSFhAjdRditbMmH3DIJvg
- Monday, Dec. 13, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_o_RmVhEZSQia2xhn2giF2Q
- Thursday, Dec. 16, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_U6gKDO_KQCq44LyXM9X7VQ
- Tuesday, Dec. 21, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7E7icga3TTu9EPi8v_faTQ
- Wednesday, Jan. 5, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_c49KrEfhRfeZaCcIFrj74A
- Tuesday, Jan. 11, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_srayzIkwTlWru1-nnsj8nQ
- Thursday, Jan. 13, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QxK9W2bmT5C8l2hXb5S6x
- Wednesday, Jan. 19, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_dVfQQsBhSfucI7OqLpmdjA
- Monday, Jan. 24, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_GiwijnH_SvG4Y5SFtGGT8w
Sesiones informativas en español (Spanish language information sessions)
- Miércoles (Wednesday), Dec. 15, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eH1Kj8EYTBicMOJuslJDYw
- Lunes (Monday), Dec. 20, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yl4IePuCRRuRZi3pyOjQlg
- Martes (Tuesday), Jan. 4, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_mG81iHH4QXqlWOQvZN4OeA
- Miércoles (Wednesday), Jan. 12, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_GEsQOKGvQ2evqZuv0uGszw
- Jueves (Thursday), Jan. 20, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_FCrmFD4UTP2FVvj_dEuGlg
Because the Spanish webinars will be presented in Spanish, a request for a Spanish translator has been made for the Q&A portion to allow program staff to respond to program-specific questions.
- Friday, Jan. 7 – English, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Si–OGkSTPCs78xSJ-wSYQ
- Viernes (Friday) Jan. 14 – Spanish, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QQS3S7BKQ6W1aGtGhlE8CA
- Friday, Jan. 21 – English, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rKz8dpnqS6WXUxct84ACVw
- Viernes (Friday) Jan. 28 – Spanish, https://metgroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BLz_Wac3TdKBF0viLbzD_g
More information is available at https://ohapublichealthfunding.flywheelsites.com/en/help-and-faqs/. Sign up for the listserv https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/3c746f1a865b4b6c934188365dea385e to receive regular communications about this funding opportunity.