Residents within the Echo Mountain Burn Scar area,
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office has consulted with the National Weather Service and Oregon Department of Transportation regarding current flooding conditions in your area as we approach evening and high tide at 7pm. National Weather Service indicates we will have at least another 2 hours of rain before it begins to subside. Our expected high tide could impact the ability of the estuaries and Salmon River to effectively drain off causing additional flooding onto roads and highways in the immediate area. The approach of nightfall could create another impact with the low visibility to see into yards, at edge of current river levels, hillsides, and roads.
Oregon Department of Transportation is in the process of closing Hwy 18 due to the amount of continued water on the roadway. Please check tripcheck for updated information for this closure – the closure may not be posted for another 30 minutes. The Sheriff’s Office encourages all community members in the rain/flooded impacted areas to:
- take caution if driving in these areas after nightfall – be prepared for water on roadways, obstructions, etc. Do not drive through standing water on roadways – road erosion could be present under the water creating unsafe situation.
- Check Tripcheck for Hwy 18/101 closures before you go Road & Weather Conditions Map | TripCheck – Oregon Traveler Information
- monitor any small streams, creeks on or near your property for changing conditions from a distance
- monitor river levels – Salmon River – (SRRO3) SALMON RVR–BLW SLICK ROCK CRK AT ROSE LODGE Station Summary (noaa.gov)
Virginia “Jenny” Demaris
County Emergency Manager
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office – Emergency Management Division
Office Phone: 541-265-4199
Lincoln County Call Center: 541-265-0621
Lincoln Alerts: www.co.lincoln.or.us/alerts
Media Releases – https://www.flashalert.net/id/LCSO
Language Translation Options:
- Lincoln Alerts Messages – Member Portal – go to the top right-hand corner for translation options.
- Sheriff’s Office Media Releases via Flash Alert – website translation at the very upper right-hand corner.
- Lincoln County Website – website translation at the very bottom right-hand corner
Unsubscribe/Delete Lincoln Alerts Profile: