Mobile Vaccination Bus
Mobile Vaccination Bus Arrives in Newport this Month
All vaccines for eligible people will be offered.
NEWPORT, Ore. – Lincoln County Public Health and Oregon Health Authority are bringing a Mobile Vaccination Bus to Lincoln County through November 5th. The bus will be stationed in four cities and will be the base for several mobile clinics in other locations of the county.
The events offer free COVID-19 vaccinations to any eligible person. This includes Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. [Update 10/22/21: Boosters for Moderna and Johnson & Johnson are now approved and will be offered at all of these clinics.] Third doses of Moderna or Pfizer will be available for those who are immunocompromised and Pfizer boosters for those at high risk of severe COVID.
Third doses and boosters have eligibility requirements. Only those who are currently immunocompromised can receive a third dose at least 28 days after the second dose. Pfizer amd Moderna boosters are approved 6 months after the second dose, but only under certain conditions.
Eligible people include those with certain underlying medical conditions or who are at higher risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus due to where they live or work. In Oregon that includes everyone who was in Phase 1A of the initial vaccine rollout earlier this year.
All who received Johnson & Johnson may get a second dose 2 months after their first one. The Lincoln County website provides more details on third dose and booster eligibility. www.co.lincoln.or.us/COVID
NO APPOINTMENTS, WALK-IN OR DRIVE-THRU ONLY
Clinics at the mobile vaccination bus are open from 12pm to 7pm every day during the visit to Lincoln County.
The locations are at
- Yachats: October 24 – 25 at the Yachats Commons
- Waldport: October 26 – 27 at the Waldport Community Center
- Toledo: October 28 – 30 at the Toledo Library
- Lincoln City: October 31 – November 5 at Chinook Winds Casino Resort
In addition to the main clinics, smaller pop-up clinics will also be available
- Tidewater – October 27 at Alsea Dog & Animal Kennel from 2pm – 6pm
- Siletz – October 28 at Siletz City Hall from 1pm – 5pm
- Otis – November 2 at Panther Creek Community Center from 2pm – 6pm
- Otis – November 4 at Salmon River Grange from 2pm – 6pm
- Newport – November 5 at La Juquilita from 2pm – 7pm
To assist with questions and scheduling, the Lincoln County Call Center is open Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm. To reach the call center, please call 541-265-0621 or email LincolnCoCallCenter@co.lincoln.or.us. You may also schedule online on the Yocounty website www.co.lincoln.or.us/COVID.