Registration is Now Open – Fall 2021Virtual Family Homeschool Programming
Attention Homeschool Families – Oregon Sea Grant’s traditionally, in-person Fall Family Homeschool event will be held virtually for the second year in a row! Similar to last year, we will be using the Zoom meeting platform to offer a variety of age-specific programs for you and your family to enjoy from the comfort of your home. To maintain our Fall Family Homeschool Day theme, our programs are intended for families to participate in together. We kindly ask that you determine the program (listed below) that works best for your family’s age-range and register for the program as a family unit. Please note that we anticipate younger children needing help with some of the hands-on virtual activities. Additional program information and registration is available on our homeschool website. Space is limited for each program – so be sure to register soon to ensure you get your 1st choice of programming.
- All programs are two-hours and will be held via Zoom (with access to video and audio). Educators will lead families through hands-on marine science activities during the virtual session and then set-up activities to be done after the virtual program concludes.
- Families will be mailed a “Homeschool Day in a Package” prior to the virtual session. The package will include all materials needed to participate in virtual activities and additional activities for families to do together on their own time. Each participant (adult and child(ren)) will receive their own set of materials
- Pre-registration is required and cost is $25 per person. Cost includes shipping of the package and all contents.
Virtual Program Options (all times are 1-3 pm (PT)): Full descriptions and details are available on our homeschool website!
- Marvelous Mollusks (PreK – 3rd Grade): Tuesday, November 16th
- Food for Thought (2nd – 7th Grade): Monday, November 15th
- Shark Investigations (6th – 12th grade): Thursday, November 18th
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to adapt our programming to a virtual format. We are looking forward to connecting with you and your family virtually this Fall! Feel free to contact the Marine Education Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org; 541-867- 0233) with any questions.
The Oregon Sea Grant Marine Education Team
Hatfield Marine Science Center
Oregon State University