Lincoln County Residents!!
Lincoln County Emergency Management is inviting you participate in the annual Great Oregon ShakeOut,
- What: The Great Oregon ShakeOut
- When: Thursday, October 21st at 10:21am
- Where: Wherever you are!
Wherever you are on October 21st at 10:21am, practice your drop, cover, and hold for at least one minute. This will help you and your household, school, or workplace be prepared for an earthquake. During the drill, take some time to observe falling hazards such as furniture (like TVs and bookshelves), artwork, and more. After the drill, spend some time securing these hazards. If time allows, practice evacuating your location, check your emergency kits, and discuss this experience or additional steps you may need to be more prepared for a real earthquake.
If you choose to participate in this drill please register here. Your registration helps document the level of preparedness in Lincoln County.
Below are some resources for earthquake and tsunami preparedness.
Great Oregon ShakeOut:
- Registration & General Information
- Recommended Earthquake Safety Actions
- Earthquake Guide for People with Disabilities
Lincoln County Emergency Management
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Great OR ShakeOut Media Release
REMINDER – Lincoln County Public Health COVID Updates
- Weekly updates are given at the BOC meetings: click here
- Lincoln County data: click here
- Vaccine clinics: click here
- Testing updates: click here
Virginia “Jenny” Demaris
County Emergency Manager