LINCOLN COUNTY COMMUNITIES AND INDIVIDUALS ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANNUAL GREAT OREGON SHAKEOUT
Lincoln County Emergency Management is encouraging community members, businesses, and community groups to participate in the 2021 Great Oregon ShakeOut. This event provides a chance for you to practice what you would do during an earthquake -wherever you may be at that time. While the official event takes place on Thursday, October 21 at 10:21 am, you can practice your drop, cover, and hold during the days leading up to or directly after the drill. The important part is to register if you want to participate.
By registering you will assist Lincoln County Public Safety agencies document the high level of preparedness in our community. Participation in this event shows that we are working together to strengthen our community resiliency and emergency preparedness. This event is also provides a good reminder to update your emergency plans and supplies.
Oregon ShakeOut Statistics – www.shakeout.org/statistics/
Lincoln County residents live on the Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquake Faultline. This means it is even more important for our communities to be informed and prepared. Keep an eye out for our new information and resource series, Cascadia: the Basics, coming this fall.
More information on earthquake and tsunami preparedness:
Great Oregon ShakeOut:
- Registration & General Information: www.shakeout.org/oregon/
- Recommended Earthquake Safety Actions:www.earthquakecountry.org/library/ShakeOut_Recommended_Earthquake_Safety_Actions.pdf
- Earthquake Guide for People with Disabilities: www.earthquakecountry.org/library/ShakeOut_Earthquake_Guide_Disabilities_AF N.pdf
- Media – PSA Resources: www.shakeout.org/oregon/resources/index.html#multimediaLincoln County Emergency Management
- Hazards: Earthquakes: www.co.lincoln.or.us/emergencymanagement/page/hazards- earthquake
- Hazards: Tsunamis: www.co.lincoln.or.us/emergencymanagement/page/hazards- tsunamis
- Main page: www.co.lincoln.or.us/emergencymanagement
- Preparing for an earthquake: www.cdc.gov/disasters/earthquakes/prepared.html
- Tsunamis: www.cdc.gov/disasters/tsunamis/Ready.gov
- Earthquakes: www.ready.gov/earthquakes
- Tsunamis: www.ready.gov/tsunamisRed Cross
• Earthquake Safety: www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/types- of-emergencies/earthquake.html