A REMINDER: Peggy Hawker, City Recorder, 541.574.0613
CITY OF NEWPORT
WATER USE RESTRICTIONS
The Newport City Council adopted an Alert Stage 2 Water Curtailment restrictions effective August 4, 2021 until further notice. Those restrictions follow:
1. No use of irrigation systems.
2. No vehicle washing.
3. No filling of swimming pools or spas, fountains or waterfalls.
4. Hotels/motels must post water conservation notices.
5. Commercial laundry operations must be delayed as much as is possible.
6. Discontinue scheduled flushing of water lines and fire–fighting drills involving water
7. Suspend any planned expansions of water system, including the addition of new
All residents and businesses are required to fully participate in curtailing water use pursuant to the provisions noted above.
On June 28, 2021, the city issued notice of an Alert Stage 1 Water Curtailment. This was done in conjunction with the Lincoln County Commissioner’s declaration of a countywide drought. This was a water system advisory which informed the community of the situation and recommended voluntary water conservation. At that time, the Siletz River, which is the main supply for the Big Creek Reservoir, had been experiencing declining flows. This Siletz River flows continue to decline.