With cases increasing in Oregon, consider taking precautions. You may be wondering why cases are increasing in Oregon. As we’ve seen across the world, cases caused by the Delta variant are spreading in unvaccinated communities.
Here’s what you need to know about the spread of COVID-19:
* Vaccination remains the safest and most effective way to prevent serious illness from COVID-19 and all of its variants.
* If you are fully vaccinated, you are well protected from COVID, including the Delta variant.
* If you are not vaccinated, make a plan to get the vaccine, and take precautions like wearing a mask indoors and in outdoor crowded places until you are vaccinated.
* Ongoing precautions such as wearing face coverings and maintaining physical distance are still important for families with children under 12, are not yet eligible for vaccination.
* Some people have questions or concerns about the vaccines. If you haven’t gotten vaccinated and are unsure if it’s the right choice for you, speak to a trusted doctor, pharmacist or other health care professional.
* If you are 12 or older, visit OHA’s Find a COVID-19 Vaccine in Oregon webpage to schedule your vaccine appointment today.