Effective April 12, 2021, there is one vacancy for City Council Ward I. There will be a special election held September 21, 2021.
As the elected legislative body of the City of Lincoln City, the Mayor and City Council have overall responsibility for the scope, direction and financing of City services. The City Council meets on the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 6:00 pm. Meetings are traditionally held in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, Third Floor, 801 SW Hwy 101, Lincoln City, Oregon.
In addition to regularly scheduled Council meetings, the Mayor and City Council members will generally spend time reviewing material in preparation for the meetings; attend additional meetings as well as talking and corresponding with constituents.
The City Council also serves as the governing body of the Urban Renewal Agency.
- The election is for the remaining term for Ward I, expiring December 31, 2024.
- The deadline to file application and have signatures verified with the City is July 19, 2021 at noon.
- You must be a resident of the City for the previous six months and reside in Ward I.
- Applications can be obtained by emailing email@example.com or on the City’s website at www.lincolncity.org
- Form SEL 101 needs to be submitted for verification before you will receive pre- printed SEL121.
- Form SEL 121 (signature form) needs to be submitted with at least 25 valid signatures by July 19, 2021 at noon.
- Election date is September 21, 2021.
- Deadline to file with the County for the Voter’s Pamphlet is July 26, 2021.