ReConnections Counseling would like to invite you to the ANNEX-Open House on 4-30-2021 @ 5 pm to 8 pm.
Last January ReConnections Counseling had the opportunity to lease the old Oregon Coast Community College building on HWY 101 in Newport, Oregon. We consulted with other professionals regarding this opportunity and decided to open it with a focus on being a Community Recovery Center.
This Community Recovery Center will be operated by peer mentors and case managers to serve those within our community needing supportive services and to connect with local resources. At the Community Recovery Center, multiple resources will be offered to help individuals build capital at the community level by providing advocacy training, recovery information, and resource mobilization.
Another goal of Community Recovery Centers is to help facilitate supportive relationships among individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders. In turn, the increase in resources helps individuals initiate, sustain, and support healthy behaviors over time. Community Recovery Centers also play a unique role that builds on professional services and mutual-help organizations by connecting individuals to social services, employment, and life skills training in one facility.
ReConnections Counseling will have multiple peer staff onsite to support and refer community clients to social services available in Lincoln County. ReConnections Counseling believes in the use of Peer Support and Behavioral Health Navigation. These positions are evidence-based and are shown to increase retention and satisfaction with social service referrals.
ANNEX Current Harm Reduction Community Intervention Partners Include;
- Prime Plus Peer Program- a response to the continuing challenges of the substance overdose and health epidemic, and aims to mitigate the negative effects of substance use by actively and proactively engaging people who are at risk of substance overdose or who have been hospitalized for substance use related medical conditions, but are not at readiness to pursue substance use treatment. Peer services are a proven method of fostering readiness for treatment while reducing harm of ongoing substance use, thus increasing the likelihood of recovery and leading to better health outcomes.
- Lincoln County Health and Human Services Harm Reduction-Syringe Exchange
- Next Step Mentoring- Leanne Walsh
- Nurture Oregon- Nurture Oregon is an integrated care model providing services for pregnant families with peer support, maternity care, substance use treatment, and social service coordination.
- FAIR-(Families Actively Improving Relationships)
- LEADS-Law Enforcement Assisted Diversion Navigation
- Diamonds in the Rough – A Faith-Based Refinery Program (diamondsintherough.org)
PLEASE COME AND SEE THIS NEW FACILITY AT 332 SW HIGHWAY 101, NEWPORT