NEWPORT PUBLIC LIBRARY OPERATIONS
While our library building is temporarily restricted due to public health concerns, the library is offering alternative services in accordance with Oregon Health Authority guidelines. As circumstances allow, we will continue to increase available services.
Many libraries in Oregon and across the country are offering alternative library services due to COVID-19 pandemic of 2020.
The impact of our library’s closure has been a significant loss for many in our community; in terms of access to books, books on CD, music and films, public computers, Internet, meeting space, programs, as well as the disruption to personal contact and interactions. New understanding of how the virus spreads and how long it may be viable has allowed for the development of low-risk procedures that facilitate lending of library materials.
- Anyone entering the Library will be required to wear a mask properly, asked health questions, and have a temperature scan.
- If Lincoln County returns to high or extreme risk, browsing and computer access will be suspended until the
risk level is back in the moderate or low risk status.
- The Newport Public Library will reopen on Monday, April 5 for browsing by appointment on Mondays from
10 am to 2 pm and Wednesdays from 2 pm to 6 pm.
- Please call up to one week in advance for limited appointments. Walk-ins welcome, with a limit of fourbrowsing patrons total.
- One session per week.
- Patrons may enter the library for up to 30 minutes.
- Browsing access is limited to the upstairs floor, but items from downstairs and the Teen Room can be
requested at the circulation desk.
- Please place items that you handle but do not want to check out on one of the carts in the browsing
area so the items can be quarantined for 24 hours.
- Patrons ages 12 and up are allowed without a parent or guardian present.
- Patrons under 12 years of age must remain with a parent or guardian when browsing.
- The Newport Public Library is currently offering computer usage by appointment on Mondays from 10 am to
- Anyone entering the Library will be required to wear a mask and have a temperature scan.
- Access to Library materials will continue through the Library’s Take Out Service on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10 am to 5:30 pm.
- Pick up requested holds once you have received an email or phone notification.
- Arrive in the library upper parking lot during Library Take Out hours.
- If you’re able, ring bell at the staff door in the upper parking lot, on the North side of the building.
- If you need delivery to your car, please call 541-265-2153.
- Returned items will not be checked in immediately; items are quarantined for at least 24 hours.
- Please limit your Take Out visits to one per week.
- Lending period is one week for DVD’s, two weeks for all other items.
- Requesting items: patrons may place holds through the online catalog at encore.oceanbooks.org or by calling the library at 541-265-2153.
- Please notify the Library if someone else will be picking up your holds.
- No donations will be accepted at this time.Visit our website for more information: www.newportlibrary.orgThe library staff looks forward to expanding services in the future. Thank you for your patience as we modify operations during this unprecedented time.