12:52 pm When a family lit a fire in their fireplace at their home at 860 SW7th Street, Lincoln City, the house immediately filled with smoke. The family quickly evacuated the house and awaits North Lincoln Firefighters.
12:57pm Arriving firefighters arriving on scene. No smoke showing. Evaluating the situation.
1:06pm Firefighters discovered that a “chimney cap” had closed thereby trapping the fire’s smoke inside the chimney, which soon poured into the living area of the home. Firefighters manipulated the cap to allow the smoke to vent out the chimney. Mission accomplished.