VA COVID VACCINE CLINIC FOR VETERANS AT NEWPORT ARMORY MARCH 14
VA Portland Health Care System is hosting a COVID vaccination event for enrolled Veterans at the Newport National Guard Armory located at 541 SW Coast Highway in Newport on March 14 for a one-day vaccination event.
Vaccinations will be provided by appointment only for eligible and enrolled Veterans within VA Portland Health Care System who are assigned to the Newport or Lincoln City VA clinics.
Veterans assigned to these clinics are currently being contacted by email and phone to be scheduled for their COVID vaccination. For those eligible Veterans who have not been contacted, they may call 503-273-5100 to get scheduled for this vaccination event.
VA Portland will have the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine on this date, which requires only one dose.
- You should NOT sign up to be vaccinated if:
- You have had a major allergic reaction to other vaccines or any ingredient of this vaccine, or
- You have received another immunization in the last 14 days.
- The CDC DOES recommend vaccination for almost everyone else, including people who have had other types of allergic reactions (e.g., to food, pets, venom, latex, or oral medications).
- If you are immunocompromised or have an autoimmune condition, or you are pregnant, please refer to this link and consider talking to your provider prior to vaccination if you have any questions: Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
Veterans who are NOT enrolled for VA health care can check on eligibility and enroll by calling the VA Health Eligibility Center at 1-877-222-VETS (8387). More eligibility information is here.
VA Portland COVID vaccination information and updates are posted at www.portland.va.gov.