MASTT is here to empower wildfire survivors still living in hotels and other forms of temporary housing to take the next step in their recovery.
(Contact: Shelby Houston & Celia August: 541-265-0621 – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Each household will be guided to share their story in a trauma-informed interview format.
- Participation in the interview puts survivor households on the “radar” for disaster case managers who are currently being hired to help in the next phase of the recovery effort.
- The purpose of the interview is also to identify barriers to permanent housing and identify resources/programs that can be accessed to help overcome these barriers.
- Each survivor household will take away from these interviews an actionable plan which includes steps they can take to support their progress towards their recovery.
- Interviews will be done virtually, either through a video meeting or a conference call with the MASTT.
This process will take several months to get through all of the survivor households. We will be actively reaching out to those households we have identified as still in need of permanent housing and we also welcome households to email us their current contact information, household composition/pets, their current living status, and their pre-disaster living status.