|Back in September, when we were planning for this year’s Annual Campaign, we forecast that donations would decrease in the chaos of COVID. Boy, were we wrong.
By Dec. 15, we had reached our original $30,000 goal, which triggered an additional $10,000 challenge gift from Rocky Blumhagen and Richard Royse. With two more days to go, the total stands at $45,000: our best Annual Campaign total EVER. On behalf of the amazing LCCC Board, who has guided our nonprofit through this most tumultuous year: a heartfelt thank you, to every last supporter, volunteer, member and donor. Whether it was in word or deed, a little or a lot, a card or a big check, your gift ensured our survival.
If the Cultural Center and its programs are important to you, there’s still time to give. Every dollar we raise in this campaign will support programs in the year to come. We are busy planning gallery exhibits, children’s art packets, community public art projects, the Echo Mountain Arts Fund projects, the Art on the Edge Studio Tour, free outdoor events and more. We will continue our work on the Lincoln City Cultural Plaza and the Invest in Inspiration capital campaign that will fund it.
THE CAMPAIGN WILL END AT MIDNIGHT ON THURSDAY, DEC. 31.
We’re down to the last 48 hours of this record breaking campaign, and it’s easy to give online via our website. You do NOT have to have or use a PayPal account to give online. You can call us at 541-994-9994 on Thursday, or put your check in the mail (PO Box 752, Lincoln City, OR. 97367). Mailed donations that are postmarked by Dec. 31 will be counted toward the total.
I just received a wonderful year-end email from our colleagues at the wonderful Chehalem Cultural Center. They outlined four “creative ways to give” to your favorite causes, right now. With credit to the source, here are their ideas plus one:
- Make your IRA Charitable Rollover Gift to the LCCC — If you are 70 1/2 years old, or older, and you have a traditional Individual Retirement Account, you can make an IRA Charitable Rollover Gift to a nonprofit. Your required annual distribution can be made as an outright gift, but to impact your taxes it must be made by Dec. 31.
- Make the LCCC a beneficiary of your IRA — You may be able to reduce the state or federal taxes to your estate by making a nonprofit like the LCCC a beneficiary of your IRA. Talk to your financial advisor to learn more.
- Take the new $300 CARES Act Tax Deduction — To inspire charitable giving, the 2020 CARES Act established a new “above the line” deduction. You can write off up to $300 in cash donations, if you take the standard deduction. Don’t leave this money on the table!
- Jump on the Monthly Giving bandwagon — Did you know that the LCCC offers monthly giving? Through PayPal, you can create an automatic giving system that will send ANY AMOUNT that you choose, once a month. Ask yourself what the LCCC is worth to you — $10 a month? $25? — and start the process. At the end of the year, you’ll find that you have moved up the ladder to a Sustainer or even a Patron, without even thinking about it! Use this page for best results.
- Make a matching donation to the Oregon Cultural Trust — Don’t forget that a matching donation to the Oregon Cultural Trust is FREE, through our state’s unique tax credit for art, culture, heritage and humanities. Make your match, then watch your donation work on the coast and across the state. Give by December 31st at culturaltrust.org.
I am looking forward to so many things in the year to come. First and foremost will be the chance to see our patrons in person again! Happy new year, from all of us!