1. Marcia Buckley is vastly more qualified and experienced than her opponent.
2. The Governor appointed Marcia over her opponent after consulting with many Lincoln County attorneys, the Oregon State Police, who did an extensive background check, and the Lincoln County Judges. Marcia Buckley was deemed the most qualified and deserving.
3. Amanda Benjamin was appointed as a referee and approves as a pro tem Judge by the Oregon Supreme Court (not Lincoln county voters) as the hand-picked choice of Judges Branford and Bachart.
4. Referee Benjamin will remain a sitting referee when Judge Buckley is elected. In other words, retain Judge Buckley and we get to keep both! Elect Referee Benjamin and we lose the more qualified Judge Buckley.
5. Judge Branford will be subject to mandatory retirement before the end of his present term. He wants Buckley out so he can hand pick another judge. In other words, its personal for Branford because the Governor didn’t pick his choice.
6. It’s an attempt at “judge stacking” right here in Lincoln County.
7. Lincoln County deserves a judge with long-time community ties, civil law experience as well as criminal, and a demonstrated record of service to the law and this community.
Retain Judge Marcia Buckley.
The views and opinions from the above are strictly those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the staff and management of NewsLincolnCounty.com. Election endorsements of candidates are welcome and can be e-mailed to News@NewsLincolnCounty.com.