|You may already be a loc-avore, someone who relishes the food produced in their own neighborhood. But are you a loc-adventurer? That is, are you practiced in the art of finding adventure in your own backyard? You could be, with one of 21 prizes up for grabs in the online Culture, Of Course! auction, a benefit for the operations of the Lincoln City Cultural Center.
The list of auction items includes everything from luxurious hotel stays and unforgettable meals to group workshops and original art, all donated by businesses who support the Cultural Center. You can browse and bid online or make a proxy bid by calling 541-994-9994. But don’t delay: the 2020 Culture, Of Course! Auction will close at 10pm on Saturday, Oct. 17.
LAST MINUTE AUCTION UPDATES!
* The auction closes at 10 pm tomorrow night … but maybe you’re not a night owl? We’ve just added “Buy It Now” options, so you can seal the deal and go to bed. You’re welcome!
* We’ve just learned that The Bay House gift certificate is really flexible! It can be redeemed for a Chef’s Tasting Menu with Wine Pairings for Two OR the equivalent value ($270) in overnight accommodations, dining and retail purchases at The Bay House at Salishan or The Bay House on the Hill. Combined in this bid item with two nights at Salishan and tickets for the forest aerial course, this is a real experience. Value: $1,000. Last bid: $550. Grab this deal before it’s gone!
* The Stay and Play at Sitka Center package includes three days at a fantastic home at Cascade Head Ranch, walking distance from the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology as well as the world famous Cascade Head Trail. This package comes with a family membership to Sitka Center ($150) and $100 in class credit, and some cool Sitka swag. But you don’t have to take an art class to enjoy the lodging — you can make your reservations at any time of the year. Value: $800. Last bid: $300. Bid on this item now.
There are 21 chances for loc-adventure in the online auction, including:
- Rustic Luxury in the High Desert – This wonderful package for six people includes a two-night stay at the Good Bear Ranch and an outdoor painting workshop with renowned High Desert painter George Keister. Value: $1200.
- Mussel Beach – A mussel harvesting short course and cook-out on the beach for up to four people, led by Paul Robertson. Value: $150.
- The list goes on! See and bid at www.32auctions.com/cultureofcourse.
All proceeds from the online auction will go the operations of the LCCC. To learn more about the auction or contribute to the cultural cause, call 541-994-9994.