Size:Change in last 24 hrs.2,435 Acres
0 Acres Containment:0
Start Date/Time:9-7-2020 10:00 p.m.
Expected Containment Date:TBD
Location:4 miles east of Lincoln City, OR on Hwy 18
Resources:Engines = 11Water Tenders = 8Dozers = 8Hand crews = 10Overhead = 44Aircraft:0
Evacuations:In Lincoln City:
North of SW 40th is Level 3 (Go)
SW 40th to 12th is Level 2 ( Be set)
12th south to Kernville is Level 1
( Be Ready)Structures Threatened:unknown
Closures: check ODOT trip check for current road closures.
Lincoln City, OR: Last night fire fighters were able to continue fighting throughout the night and built on yesterday’s work. Fire fighters held the fire inside the perimeter and the acreage remains the same. Additional fire fighters and equipment arrived and are working the fire today. Today’s objectives are:
* Construct and hold fireline, using direct attack as safely possible,locate, identify, and mitigate hazard trees,
* Establish hose lays and support holding and mop-up operations.
* The fire still remains very active and dynamic. Roads closed to the public are for the public and fire fighters’ safety. Large water tenders and fire engines are using these roads and it’s not safe for public entry. Please respect the closures.
* Fire managers from Florida Fire Service arrived yesterday and were assimilated into the current fire command. They were in-briefed about the current fire status at 8:00 P.M. last night.
* Incident Command Post will be at the Elders’ Lodge at Grande Ronde.
* Today’s weather forecast: Expect smoky skies to continue through Friday and into the weekend. Relative humidity is expected to remain high through tomorrow as weak on shore winds continue. Winds will be low at 5 mph and out of the west.
* Evacuation locations:
*Newport Recreation Center 225 SE Avery St, Newport, OR 97365,
* Agate Beach State Park Campground, Parking lot with restrooms
* And the South Jetty are available for overflow camping by folks evacuating from Lincoln City
*Please contact Preson Phillips at 541-270-4232 or Jered Mangini at 541-270-1291 if you plan to use these facilities.
* Toledo -Evacuation Sites -Information RVs (trailers and truck campers also) at TJSHS:Coordinator -Deanne Barnhart (541) 961-0438
* Tent and outdoor camping at Memorial Field,
* Under City Supervision Indoor Facility Needs -call for details
* Church Coordinator: Tom Morris 541-290-9318Echo Mountain Complex UpdateThursday, September, 11, 2020, 11:30 AM,
* Rick Dolan, Incident Commander Oregon Department of Forestry