Hello Friends and Neighbors in Lincoln County,
An Action Alert and Initiative Petition have been prepared by residents of Lincoln County whose neighborhoods have been negatively impacted by the growing numbers of vacation rental properties in unincorporated areas of Lincoln County (these are areas OUTSIDE city limits.)
ALL RESIDENTS of Lincoln County can sign and, if enough signatures are gathered (1500 required), all residents will have the opportunity to vote on this issue in November.
The “Altering Short Term Rental Dwelling Licensing in Unincorporated Lincoln County” petition will put the Initiative for changes on November’s ballot. The changes include:
- No NEW short-term rental licenses in single family residential zones of unincorporated Lincoln County.
- Create a five-year phase-out of existing short-term rental licenses in single family residential zones (hardship exemptions allowed).
- Reduces occupancy to 2 persons per bedroom (children under 2 excluded from count)
The petition does NOT affect HOME SHARES where the owner lives on premises.
1500 signed petition sheets are needed by August 1 (just 3 days!) to have the initiative qualify for the November ballot.
- Go to: 15neighborhoods.weebly.com
- Click on the link to the signature sheet and print it (each person in your household must have their own signature sheet. If there are two in the household, and you are both registered to vote in Lincoln County, each person needs to sign a separate signature sheet.)
- The signature sheet has two (2) places to sign, and you must sign in BOTH places, plus print your name and date the form.
- Once signed and dated, mail the sheets to: 15neighborhoods, P.O. Box 390, Depoe Bay OR 97341
Please print the form, sign, and mail it in TODAY. NOW!
August 1 is the DEADLINE for signature gathering.
Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this most important cause.