The City of Newport Water Treatment Plant has been having difficulty meeting water demand, and the city has reached a point where it is necessary enact water use restrictions. Those restrictions are as follows:
1. Use of irrigation systems for lawns, gardens and landscaping is prohibited. Hand- watering is allowed.
2. The outdoor washing of equipment, vehicles, pavement, or other facilities is prohibited unless required for public health or safety.
3. The filling of pools and spas (hot tubs) is prohibited.
4. The operation of fountains and waterfalls is prohibited.
5. The irrigation of public lands is prohibited.
6. The flushing of water lines and firefighting drills involving water consumption is
7. Hotels/motels, restaurants, gyms, and similar businesses are required to post
notices regarding mandatory conservation measures.
8. Commercial laundry should be consolidated and delayed to the extent possible.
All residents and businesses are required to fully participate in curtailing water use
pursuant to the provisions noted above.
These water restrictions are due to unplanned repairs that affect the City of Newport
Water Treatment Plant.
The City of Newport thanks its residents and businesses for working together to resolve this very serious situation.