Seventh Lincoln County resident tests positive for COVID-19
NEWPORT, Ore. – Lincoln County Public Health announced today another positive case of COVID-19. The new case brings Lincoln County’s total to 7 confirmed cases with 5 recovered.
Lincoln County is in close coordination with Oregon Health Authority (OHA) about these cases. Test results are now coming from multiple laboratories and are delivered electronically to providers, counties, and OHA throughout the day. As a result, some counties may release county data sooner than it is reported on the Oregon Health Authority website: www.healthoregon.org/coronavirus.
This individual is in their 60s. The individual has not had any contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19 so this is considered a community-acquired case. The person is not hospitalized and is self-isolating per Public Health guidelines.
“As we look towards slowly reopening, it is important to remember that the virus is still in our community” said Nicole Fields, Deputy Director of Public Health. “We must continue to physically distance, protect others, and keep clean. Together, we can keep Lincoln County open.”
The best way to protect yourself is to stay home and avoid exposure to the virus. There are easy steps you can take to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and many types of illness – including the flu – especially to older adults and those with underlying chronic diseases:
* Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash. Wash your hands immediately after. Or, cough into your upper arm.
* Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
* Maintain at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
* Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
* Clean and disinfect surfaces that are often touched.
* Wear a cloth facemask when you go out in public.
* Follow the governor’s orders on social distancing. 6-feet, please!
* Follow CDC’s travel guidance – Uhhh, Stay Home!
* You can find more information at www.co.lincoln.or.us/covid