NEWPORT PUBLIC LIBRARY DIGITAL AND ONLINE RESOURCES
The Newport Public Library has closed its doors in compliance with Coronavirus precautions, but our staff are committed to providing you with reliable information and valuable services. We are available to help you via email or phone. If you have questions for the library, you can contact staff Monday-Friday from 10 am-5 pm at 541-265-2153 or email email@example.com. If you call or email on the weekend, your questions may not be addressed until Monday.
As a public institution, we did not make this decision lightly. We recognize closure means some of the people who need us the most will not have access to the library building. We are working with our partners to develop a plan to best support our community. To protect employee health, we are following workplace guidelines from Lincoln County health officials.
While our physical space is closed, your Library card gives you access to a world of digital content and other services for all ages including downloadable magazines, eBooks and audiobooks, streaming video, educational resources, and language tutorials. All are
available at www.newportlibrary.org and free with your library card. You should also know:
- ● We will be extending holds and due dates. If you have materials that are due during this closure, please keep them until libraries reopen. No fines will be incurred at this time.
- ● Our library book drops will remain open at this time.
- ● We are not accepting library donations during the closure.
- ● We are not offering Interlibrary Loan service during the closure.
- ● Library events and meeting room reservations are canceled through the closure.
- ● Visit our website at www.newportlibrary.org for COVID-19 information and resources. * We will also post information on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitteraccounts.
- ● We are not offering pick-ups for library holds at this time.