Hello everyone! Laura Furgurson, Depoe Bay Chamber here!
I hope you, your families and employees are doing well during the recent challenges facing our community. Though you might have already heard about some of these, we have a few updates to pass along:
* We know this is, and will continue to be, a tough time for local businesses and employees. Your Chamber is here to help, so please don’t hesitate to reach-out for our support. We’ve included a few links that might be helpful.
* Also, we are interested to hear about your needs and potential hardships, since we might be able to secure funding to help off-set financial losses for businesses and employees.
* Travel Oregon and OCVA have both reached-out asking us to track and report how businesses are doing, as well as the impact you’re realizing re: visitor traffic and tourism. Please report these directly to me via email.
* We’re doing our best to keep the Depoe Bay Visitor Center and Chamber office open, but only sporadically as volunteers are available. Many of our volunteers are in the highest risk populations and we don’t want to do anything to jeopardize their health or well-being.
* It was a hard decision, but the 2020 Crab Feed and Wooden Boat Show set for April 18-19 has been canceled. Though the event revenue is crucial for Chamber operations, the health of our volunteers, attendees and community members is paramount.
* We are refunding all ticket purchases and have informed all group tours.
* We’re also refunding all event sponsorships.
* We want to thank all of you who purchased a sponsorship. As of last week, we had raised over $3000 total… very generous and appreciated! As you can imagine, this event is important to the community-at-large and to help fund Chamber operations. Another thank you… many of you have asked how you can help. No pressure or expectation, but if it makes sense for you and/or your business, we’re very appreciative of donations that have been offered to help off-set the revenue loss.
* We’re also pursuing a creative (and NOT hands-on!) approach to utilize the generous donation of gift certificates that were originally meant for the Ducky Derby fundraiser. We’ll be in touch with our plan (likely an online fundraiser) soon.
* Starting in 2021, the Chamber will be leading the Fleet of Flowers event. For this year’s 75th annual celebration, we will be supporting their event marketing efforts and helping to recruit volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering please let me know.
Whew! I think that’s it for now. Please don’t hesitate to connect with any questions or for support. We’ll get through this as the strong and supportive community we are.
Stay safe and well. This is Laura Furgurson, over and out!