THE SALVATION ARMY CONTINUES TO PROVIDE SERVICES IN LINCOLN COUNTY
With COVID-19 now declared a pandemic, The Salvation Army has significantly increased its preparation for an impending outbreak in the United States and has ramped up efforts to mitigate the spread of the virus, especially among the homeless and other vulnerable populations.
The Salvation Army’s Family Services Office located in Newport, Oregon will remain open, serving all residents of Lincoln County. Services include: free clothing, assistance with Oregon State I.D. cards, rental assistance and utility assistance. People seeking assistance will be served according to their need and The Salvation Army’s ability to help.
- ● Tuesday, 10:00 AM -12:00 PM
- ● Thursday and Friday, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMIn Lincoln County, The Salvation Army has canceled upcoming events to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- ● The Coastal Arts Academy Recital scheduled for Sunday, March 15 has been cancelled.
- ● Vacation Bible School scheduled for March 23-27 is postponed to Summer 2020.
- ● The Coastal Arts Academy Spring Session is suspended until further notice.The Salvation Army in Newport will continue to offer Sunday School at 10:00 AM and Worship at 11:00 AM.For questions, please contact The Salvation Army Newport Corps office at (541) 265-6814. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/tsanewportoregon for information about our upcoming events.