Lincoln County Public Health, in close coordination with the Oregon Health Authority Public Health Division, Lincoln County Emergency Management, Lincoln County Board of Commissioner’s office and a wide range of local health and medical organizations, has been closely monitoring the emergence of COVID-19 (also known as 2019-n-CoV novel coronavirus) since December 2019.
As of February 27, 2020, Oregon Health Authority (OHA) reports there are no COVID-19 cases in Oregon. If an Oregon case is identified, Lincoln County Public Health will provide additional information and guidance. At this time, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) has advised that your best protection is following standard cold and flu prevention measures as described below.
The information line 211 has been activated for general coronavirus questions. You can dial “211” on your telephone or go to the website 211.org. To assist in sharing current information, we have also launched a new County website linking local information to State and Federal resources. We will also share updates on our Public Health Facebook and Twitter pages.
Our local partners include Samaritan Health Services, Lincoln Community Health Center, Fire and Response services, ambulance services, Lincoln County Emergency Management at the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, area municipal governments, and local medical clinics.
Lincoln County Public Health and the CDC recommend everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
CDC does not recommend face masks for the general public.
For more information on COVID-19 (also known as 2019 novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV), please see the resources below:
- Lincoln County COVID-19 update page https://www.co.lincoln.or.us/hhs/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
- OHA Emerging Respiratory Disease page: www.healthoregon.org/coronavirus
- CDC 2019-nCoV page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- CDC travel notice: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/alert/novel-coronavirus-china
- World Health Organization (WHO) page: https://www.who.int/westernpacific/emergencies/novel-coronavirus
- Lincoln County Public Health Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LincolnPublicHealth/
- Lincoln County Public Health Twitter: https://twitter.com/LCPH_OR