3:40 AM Tuesday: Report of smoke filling a room at a home at 113 North Boulder Creek Road, Otis. Firefighters arrived to find smoke emanating from a wall plug behind a sofa that had been pushed up against a plug in the socket. Firefighters took care of the situation while admonishing the homeowner that it’s never a good idea to push furniture up against electrical plugs in a wall. They tend to eventually short out and the fire can spread very quickly behind walls and take down the whole house. Fortunately North Lincoln Firefighters got things under control quickly. Lesson learned.