12:33am – A fire ripped through a home at 183 SE 116th. The husband and wife and their pets made it out okay but the home is reported to be a total loss. The fire reportedly began in the middle of the home and quickly spread to the kitchen, living room and bedroom. Both the husband and wife suffered minor smoke inhalation and minor burns. The couple were able to grab up their pets and get out without any major injuries. Cause of the fire is still being determined.
The couple are well known and well loved and there will no doubt be a fundraiser for them. South Beach Church has opened their doors for to them. They are Roy and Danielle Emerick.