From the Lincoln County School District
Today, Tuesday, in Room 23 at 10:23, a chirping sound occurred in the classroom from a CO detector that a parent had sent to school with a student. When a student picked up the detector, it turned off. A second alarm sounded from what was believed to be another detector from home, but we have not been able to find a second detector in the room. The teacher immediately relocated the students to the playground. 911 was called and the Central Coast Fire Chief tested for CO and all readings were zero. The District’s CO detector in the classroom never went off and also read at zero. The boilers at the school have been turned off since April 27, after the most recent testing.